The Dixie Metropolitan Planning Organization (Dixie MPO) is designated by the state of Utah to oversee transportation planning in the urbanized and urbanizing areas in Utah’s Washington County — historically known as “Utah’s Dixie.”
The Dixie MPO boundaries encompass St. George City, Washington City, Santa Clara City, Ivins City and portions of unincorporated Washington County. Member jurisdictions which comprise the Dixie MPO include Washington County, St. George City, Washington City, Santa Clara City, Ivins City, and the Utah Department of Transportation. For more information on the Dixie MPO please click on the “About the MPO” and ” Mission Statement” links below.
This web site provides information about public notices and agendas for meetings of the Organization’s technical advisory committee known as the Dixie Transportation Advisory Committee (DTAC) and the Organization’s policy approving body known as the Dixie Transportation Executive Council (DTEC).
This web site and the navigation links at the bottom of each page contain information on transportation issues and project sequencing to meet the area’s transportation needs through 2050.
REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION PLAN AMENDMENT #2
The changes are summarized below and outlined on an accompanying spreadsheet above:
- Project 174 – Restripe Sandia Road: Sandia Road connects Merrill Road to 2000 South which connects to Washington Fields Road. The developing commercial areas around the intersection of Merrill Road and Sandia Road will require more support for traffic in the future. This project would stripe Sandia Road for four lanes. The Travel Demand Model in the area recommends restriping before 2030.
- Project 175 – 2000 South Widening: 2000 South will be widened to four lanes as it connects to Washington Fields Road. The Travel Demand Model recommends widening before 2040.
- Project 176 – Foothill Drive Extension: This project would connect Washington Fields Road with St. George’s 3050 East to relieve congestion at the intersection of 3050 East and Telegraph Rd.
- Project 177 – 240 West from Merrill Road to Southern City Limits: The developing residential areas of Washington Fields require adequate collector roads to carry traffic from local streets to Merrill Road and 3650 South.
- Project 178 – 300 East from Merrill Road to 3650 South: This project will reconstruct 300 East from Merrill Road to 3650 South providing an additional residential collector in the Washington Fields area.
- Project 179 – Tortoise Rock Road from Buena Vista Boulevard to Washington Parkway: The developing residential areas of the Green Springs area require adequate collector roads to carry traffic from Buena Vista Blvd. to Washington Parkway, parallel to Main Street.
- Project 180 – 20 East from Merrill Road to Southern City Limits: The developing residential areas of Washington Fields require adequate collector roads to carry traffic from local streets to Merrill Road and 3650 South.
- Project 181 – Washington Fields Road and Washington Dam Road Intersection Improvements: Add right turn lane and dual lefts to Washington Fields Road, Widen Washington Dam Road to 5 lanes for the first 800 feet to accommodate more traffic.
- Project 182 – 850 North Extension from 3050 E (SG) to 840 S (W): This project would connect Washington Fields Road with St. George’s 3050 East to relieve congestion at the intersection of 3050 East and Telegraph Rd.
The Dixie MPO seeks public input on these proposed actions to amend the 2019-2050 Regional Transportation Plan. Comments can be submitted to email@example.com
|Transportation Improvement Program|
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD OPENING IN JULY 2022
Each year Dixie MPO seeks public input on actions taken on the Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP). In July 2021, the MPO identified $2.3 million in funds that would be programmed to projects in STIP Year 2025. More info coming in July 2022. Use the link below to view the current TIP.